On Sunday 11 March at Ikon Park the inaugural AFLW Carlton Respects game was played between Carlton FC and Melbourne FC.
As a bright and optimistic colour, orange represents a future free from violence against women.
The awareness raising week leading-in and the Carlton Respects game was to promote gender equality for the prevention of violence against women.
The main campaign was Carlton FC AFLW players choosing their “Game Changers”, who removed gender stereotypes supporting them reach their goals. Click here to watch the official video as part of the AFLW Carlton Respects awareness raising campaign.
The campaign generated widespread interest through mainstream media, gathering publicity across:
The weekly AFLW press conference with Breann Moody
- The Outer Sanctum podcast with Sarah and Jess Hosking
- The AFL Footy Show with Tayla Harris, Sarah Hosking, Breann Moody and Chris Judd
- Herald Sun Confidential with Nicola Stevens, Alison Downie, Georgia Gee and Jess Hosking
- Herald Sun interview with Brianna Davey
- AFLW Footy Show with Brianna Davey
- ABC Grandstand (national) with Breann Moody
Carlton FC will host Melbourne FC on Sunday 20 May for the AFL Carlton Respects game.